Below are instructions to guide you through the visa application process. Please read and follow the instructions carefully.
The nonimmigrant visa application process is available here: https://www.ustraveldocs.com/bf/.
- Fill out the DS-160 application form: https://ceac.state.gov/GENNIV. As soon as you access the form, write down the barcode number. It starts with AA… followed by 8 digits, also note the secret code so that you can re-access the form if the system crashes or quits. Provide an ID photo as the system requires a scanned photo towards the end. Once you have completed the form, you must print the confirmation page of the DS-160. It is necessary and useful for the rest of the process, and it is required when you arrive for your interview.
- Create a profile by clicking on the following link: http://www.ustraveldocs.com/bf/index.html?firstTime=No. (Keep the password and enter an existing / valid email address).
- After filling in the information, click on “Submit” and access your Dashboard.
- On the left of the dashboard, you will find options click on “New request / make an appointment”. At this step, simply follow the instructions (choose the right type of visa: tourist, student and other) by answering the questions until you reach the page where you will print the form allowing you to pay the fees (cash payment slip). Then pay at the nearest UBA branch.
- Wait at least 24 hours before scheduling an appointment. If the payment was made on the weekend, you will have to wait until Tuesday before you can schedule an appointment.
- When the fees are paid, reconnect to your account (click on LOGIN), always click on New request / make an appointment and go back to the fee payment section. The system will ask you to select on existing receipt. The 12 digit number starting with 73. . . . . . . . . . is displayed. IT IS NOT THE BF NUMBER…. Follow the instructions for booking the appointment, carefully reading the messages that appear.
- After booking an appointment, if you think the waiting time is long, go back to your profile and click on “Request for an advanced appointment”, read and follow the procedure to submit the request. An email will be sent to you to grant or deny this option.
- On the day of the appointment, bring: the DS-160 confirmation page, the appointment sheet, the (original) payment receipt from UBA, a photograph, and for students, include your I-20 form and SEVIS fee payment receipt.