YOU MUST FIRST MAKE AN APPOINTMENT BEFORE REQUESTING AN EXPEDITED APPOINTMENT.
What Type of Travel Qualifies for an Expedited Appointment?
Due to the large demand for visa interviews we sometimes experience, we cannot accommodate all early appointment requests. We will attempt to accommodate requests for early interviews for the following reasons:
- An immediate relative’s death, grave illness or life-threatening accident in the United States. Be sure to include the name, relationship, place and description of the situation, and contact information for the attending physician or funeral home. An immediate relative is defined as a: mother, father, brother, sister, child, grandparent or grandchild.
- Urgent medical treatment for the applicant or his/her minor child.
- An applicant for a student or exchange visitor (F/M/J) visa whose I-20 or DS-2019 has a start date that is earlier than the first available visa appointment, and for whom an extension letter is not available.
- An unexpected need to travel to the United States for urgent business, cultural, journalistic, sporting, or other similar purpose that occurs within 3 days after the first available visa appointment. “Unexpected” means that the trip was unforeseen. Attending an annual conference or training is not considered an “unexpected” need to travel.
- Citizens of Visa Waiver Program countries who have an emergency replacement passport and are unable to travel on ESTA (Electronic System for Travel Authorization) with their temporary passport.
Travel for the purpose of attending weddings and graduation ceremonies, assisting pregnant relatives, participating in an annual business/academic/professional conference, or enjoying last-minute tourism does not qualify for expedited appointments. For such travel, please schedule a regular visa appointment well in advance.
How to Request an Expedited Appointment
In order to request an expedited visa appointment you must FIRST complete the DS-160 and make a regular appointment. Then please email ConsularOuaga@state.gov and request an expedited visa appointment.
Your email should include the following information:
- Full name of the Visa Applicant
- Date of Birth of the Visa Applicant
- Passport Number of the Visa Applicant
- Contact Phone Number
- Current Interview Date
- An explanation of the reason for the expedited interview request. This explanation should reference one of the aforementioned reasons.
All requests for an expedited appointment will be reviewed within 3 business days from the day they are received, and the applicant will be informed whether they have been given an expedited appointment. If an expedited appointment is approved, you will be informed of the date and time of your appointment. Please arrive on time. Applicants who arrive late may have to reschedule.