Important information for visa applicants:
- Immigrant visa interviews are scheduled by the National Visa Center (NVC). If you are waiting to be scheduled, please look out for the NVC appointment email or your case transfer notification if you are the beneficiary of a K-1 or V92 visa application.
- For more information on nonimmigrant visa processing, please visit our application websiteor refer to our nonimmigrant visa page.
- If you have a pending immigrant visa case (V92, K-1, IR, F) or if you are waiting for an appointment for DNA testing and would like to know more about the process, please send an email to OuagaIV@state.gov. If you have been scheduled for an immigrant visa interview by the NVC, please look out for an email from the Consular Section with further instructions.
- While the Embassy aims to schedule visa interviews as quickly as possible, capacity is limited, and applicants may encounter significant wait times for visa interview appointments.
- U.S. visa holders should be aware of the latest travel restrictions under COVID. Please refer to the Department of Homeland Security for all of the latest relevant travel restrictions.
Immigrant visas to the United States are processed for citizens and residents of Burkina Faso at the U.S. Embassy in Ouagadougou.
To apply for an immigrant visa, a foreign citizen seeking to immigrate generally must be sponsored by a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident immediate relative(s), or prospective U.S. employer, and have an approved petition before applying for an immigrant visa. The sponsor begins the process by filing a petition on the foreign citizen’s behalf with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). You may wish to review our Directory of Visa Categories on usvisas.state.gov to learn about the different types of immigrant visas to the United States, including our Diversity Visa Program. Then, follow the steps on the Immigrant Visa Process, or on the Diversity Visa Process, on usvisas.state.gov to begin applying for an immigrant visa.
Once USCIS has approved your petition and you have completed pre-processing with the National Visa Center (NVC), or if you have been selected in the Diversity Visa Lottery and completed processing with the Kentucky Consular Center (KCC), review the instructions given to you by the NVC or the KCC, along with the information presented on this website, for further guidance and instructions.