Event: On Wednesday, January 26, 2022, the U.S. Embassy in Ouagadougou is open to the public.
As of January 24, 2022, there is still a mandatory curfew from 9:00 pm to 5:00 am. The Embassy has not received any official indication that the curfew has been lifted.
The Embassy has confirmed that the airport has reopened. American citizens who are scheduled to depart Ouagadougou via commercial flights should contact their airline
s for details and arrive at the airport before the set curfew.
U.S. citizens in Burkina Faso are advised to follow the curfew and monitor all methods of communication, including media reporting/sources. Contact the Embassy at (226) 25 49 53 00 if you have an emergency.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid large crowds.
- Limit movement to emergencies during curfew hours.
- Directly contact your commercial airline if you are scheduled to depart Ouagadougou.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- U.S. Embassy Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso
(226) 25 49 53 00
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Burkina Faso Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter