On October 26, 2021, U.S. Embassy Ouagadougou resumed full visa operations. Please note the details below:
- Routine nonimmigrant visa services resumed on October 26. Online appointments are open for all types of nonimmigrant visa types. Applicants can now schedule a visa interview by following the instructions on our website: ustraveldocs.com/bf.
- Please note that scheduling capacity is limited. As a result, applicants may encounter significant wait times for visa interview appointments. Applicants who previously paid the visa application processing fee but were unable to schedule a visa appointment because of the suspension of routine consular operations may schedule and attend a visa appointment with no additional payment required. For processing fees paid between March 20, 2020, and October 25, 2021, the U.S. Mission will extend the payment validity (known as the MRV fee) until September 30, 2023. Fees paid on or after October 26, 2021, are valid for one year from the date of purchase. Previously paid MRV fees may only be used to schedule an interview appointment in the country where the fee was originally paid.
- For all issues related to scheduling a nonimmigrant visa appointment with a current and valid MRV, receipt please contact email@example.com; do not contact the Embassy.
- If you are having issues printing the payment slip to take to UBA bank please click here for guidance.
- Important note for students: As of October 26, 2021, all students must schedule their visa appointment online.
- Important note for official / diplomatic visa applicants: Official visa applications (A, G visa types) can be dropped off on Fridays from 8:00 am to 10:00 am. Please contact OuagaNIV@state.gov for questions and clarification. Official visa applicants must have the following: a valid passport, travel orders, a diplomatic note signed by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs or international organization employer, the confirmation page of the DS-160, and a U.S. passport-style photograph.
- Important note on the DS-160: Please submit a new DS-160 with a recent photograph if your previous DS-160 was completed more than 6 months ago. Scheduling an appointment with an outdated DS-160 will lead to delays.
When coming for a nonimmigrant visa interview, please present the following items:
- An updated DS-160 (filled and submitted less than 6 months ago)
- Your appointment page
- Your MRV receipt
- Your passport
- A recent passport photograph (the photo must be 2 inches by 2 inches, taken on a white background – please see photo requirements here)
If you are a student or are participating in an exchange program, please also include the following documents:
- Your signed I-20 or DS-2029
- Your SEVIS payment receipt (when applicable)
- You may bring supporting documentation with you, but do not present any additional documents unless requested by the interviewing officer
- Immigrant visa services have resumed. We are processing all types of immigrant visas, including V92. If you have a pending V92 case at the Embassy, you may send an email to OuagaIV@state.gov to verify the application status and any next steps.
- If you were previously contacted regarding a DNA test or have a pending file and need further clarification, please send an email to OuagaIV@state.gov for further guidance.