Location: Outside of Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso
Event: The U.S. Embassy of Ouagadougou Burkina Faso discourages U.S. citizens from traveling on National Route 1 (between Ouahabou and Koumbia) at this time. U.S. government personnel are prohibited from conducting personal travel outside Ouagadougou city limits due to the high risk of terrorist attacks, kidnapping, and criminal activity.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the U.S. Embassy using the details below.
Actions to Take:
- Do not travel outside of Ouagadougou on National Route 1 (between Ouahabou and Koumbia).
- Have evacuation plans that do not rely on U.S. government assistance, if you choose to travel outside of Ouagadougou on National Route 1 (between Ouahabou and Koumbia).
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Visit our website for Travel to High-Risk Areas.
- U.S. Embassy Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso
(226) 25 49 53 00
- State Department – Consular Affairs888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Burkina Faso Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter