Location: Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso
Event: Airport reported reopened, crowds persist in Ouagadougou Ouagadougou’s airport is reportedly open again. Land borders remain closed.
Demonstrations earlier in the day have produced large crowds throughout the city, particularly at the Thomas Sankara Memorial. Although conditions appear calmer, embassy personnel continue to shelter in place.
Contact the Embassy at +226 25 49 53 00 if you are in need of immediate assistance.
Actions to Take:
- Limit movement outside of your residence only to essential movement.
- Exercise caution if unexpectedly in the vicinity of large gatherings or protests.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- U.S. Embassy Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso
(226) 25 49 53 00
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444