Location: Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso
Event: Military announcement, curfew imposed, and borders reported closed
Members of the Burkina Faso military announced on national television that the transitional government had been dissolved. They announced a nationwide curfew from 21:00 to 05:00 local time with no stated end date. Air and land borders are reported closed.
The Embassy strongly urges U.S. citizens in Ouagadougou to limit their movements and follow the curfew. Embassy personnel continue to shelter in place.
Contact the Embassy at +226 25 49 53 00 if you are in need of immediate assistance.
Actions to Take:
- Limit movement outside of your residence to only essential movement to procure food, water, and supplies to last at least three days.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- U.S. Embassy Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso(226) 25 49 53 00
- State Department – Consular Affairs888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Burkina Faso Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter