Location: Downtown Ouagadougou
Event: On March 2, 2018 gunmen attacked multiple locations in the downtown Ouagadougou area. The shelter-in-place order for U.S. Embassy personnel has been lifted. However movements in and around Ouagadougou, especially after dark, are to be limited until further notice.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid the area of downtown Ouagadougou.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Notify friends and family of your safety.
- Stay alert in locations frequented by tourists/Westerners.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
Burkina Faso Country Information