Date: January 23, 2022
Event: As of January 23, 2022, the Government of Burkina Faso has implemented a mandatory curfew from 8:00 pm to 5:30 am.
American citizens throughout Burkina Faso are advised to adhere to the curfew and monitor all methods of communication, including media reporting/sources. Contact the Embassy at (226) 25 49 53 00 if you need immediate assistance.
Actions to Take:
- Take shelter from 8:00 pm to 5:30 am during the curfew.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- U.S. Embassy Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso
- (226) 25 49 53 00
- State Department – Consular Affairs
- 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Burkina Faso Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program(STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter