Date: February 2, 2022
Event: Africa Cup of Nations Semi-Final Match
The Africa Cup of Nations semi-final match will take place Wednesday, February 2, starting at 7:00 p.m. between the Burkina Faso national football team and Senegal.
The U.S. Embassy reminds U.S. citizens that public celebrations can quickly become unpredictable. Roads may become overwhelmed due to large gatherings causing major traffic bottlenecks. The consumption of alcoholic beverages may also pose unnecessary risks to drivers and pedestrians.
The mandatory curfew remains in effect from 12:00 am to 4:00 am.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid large crowds.
- Exercise caution if unexpectedly in the vicinity of large gatherings.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Adhere to the 12:00 am to 4:00 am curfew.
- Keep a low profile.
- U.S. Embassy Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso
- (226) 25 49 53 00
- State Department – Consular Affairs
- 888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Burkina Faso Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter