Date: January 23, 2022
Event: Protests and sporadic gunfire continue in Ouagadougou
Protests and sporadic gunfire continue in Ouagadougou. A large crowd has gathered near Camp Lamizana, prompting road closures.
American citizens throughout Burkina Faso are advised to minimize movement and continue to monitor all methods of communication, including media reporting/sources. Contact the Embassy at (226) 25 49 53 00 if you need immediate assistance.
Actions to Take:
· Avoid the areas listed above.
· Monitor local media for updates.
· U.S. Embassy Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso
(226) 25 49 53 00 OuagaACS@state.gov
· State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
· Burkina Faso Country Information
· Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates