Event: Heightened police presence in Ouagadougou. U.S. government personnel are subject to an Embassy-imposed curfew from 10:00 PM to dawn, until further notice. Most schools are open as of March 6, 2018.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid the areas of the March 2, 2018 attacks in downtown Ouagadougou and areas controlled by police and gendarmerie checkpoints or barricades.
- Approach cautiously and cooperate if stopped at a checkpoint or barricade by law enforcement in Ouagadougou.
- Consult your individual school for opening/closure information.
- Limit daytime movement in and around Ouagadougou, avoid travel after dark.
- Keep a low profile.
- Stay alert near government buildings and in locations frequented by tourists/Westerners.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Monitor local media for updates.
U.S. Embassy Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso
(226) 25 49 53 00
State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444