Event: Protests are expected to take place on Saturday, January 12, 2019 in Ouagadougou beginning at 8:00am at Place de la Révolution (formerly known as Place de la Nation). Protesters will march onto Avenue Monseigneur Thévenoud, Avenue de la Cathédrale, Avenue Kwamé N’Krumah, and return to Place de la Révolution.
The protest has been organized by Collectif Contre l’Impunité et la Stigmatization des Communautés (CISC). They have announced their intention to march in protest against the recent violence against Fulani tribes in Yirgou.
U.S. citizens are advised to avoid areas of demonstrations and exercise caution if in the vicinity of any large gatherings or protests.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid the areas of the demonstrations.
- Exercise caution if unexpectedly in the vicinity of large gatherings or protests.
- Monitor local media for updates
- Keep a low profile.
- U.S. Embassy Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso
(226) 25 49 53 00
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Burkina Faso Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program(STEP)to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter