Event: Armed robberies in Bangr Weogo Park
Two armed robberies involving multiple assailants were reported in Bangr Weogo park over the past three days during daylight hours.
Exercise caution if visitng Bangr Weogo.
While every situation is different, most thieves are looking for quick money. If you encounter armed robbers demanding money, it is often best to comply with their instructions to hand over any valuables.
Actions to take:
- Stay aware of your surroundings and trust your instincts if something doesn’t seem right.
- Avoid traveling alone to isolated areas and travel in small groups when possible.
- Leave wallets, purses and high value items at home and just carry necessary cash and ID in a front pocket.
- Be attentive when exiting or entering your vehicle.
- U.S. Embassy Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso
(226) 25 49 53 00
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Burkina Faso Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program(STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter