Location: U.S. Embassy, Ouagadougou
Event: Town Hall for American Citizens
The U.S. Embassy in Ouagadougou invites all American citizens and parents of minor American citizens to the rescheduled town hall meeting with Ambassador Sandra Clark on Thursday, May 5, from 10:00am to 11:00am. Due to COVID-19 precautions, the event will be held virtually, although there will be a limited number of spots available to attend the town hall in person at the Embassy.
Those who would like to attend at the Embassy may sign up, and spots will be assigned in advance on a “first-requested, first-served” basis. Minor children (17 years or younger) will not be permitted to attend. In-person guests will be expected to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination status or provide a negative COVID-19 test to enter the Embassy. If you are selected to attend the townhall in person, we will contact you by email to share further details.
Those who are not selected to attend in person are still encouraged to participate virtually. Participants who register to attend virtually will receive an email with the meeting link a few days prior to the event.
To register to attend the event (either in person or virtually), please follow the instructions below:
- Respond directly to this email with the following information:
- Last name
- First name
- Date of Birth (MM/DD/YYYY)
- U.S. Passport Number
- Phone Number in Burkina Faso
- Preferred Email Address
- Attendance preference (in-person or virtual)
- In the same email, attach a scanned copy of each attendee’s passport biographic page
- Note: Non-U.S. citizens with U.S. citizen minor children must provide the information above for their U.S. citizen child(ren) and a copy of their own government-issued identification.
Please send your RSVP to OuagaACS@state.gov by 5:00 pm on Tuesday, May 3. If you previously RSVP’d for the Town Hall originally set for April 14, we will contact you separately. If you have any additional questions, please respond directly to this email.
· U.S. Embassy Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso
(226) 25 49 53 00
· State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
· Burkina Faso Country Information
· Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates