Location: Burkina Faso
Event: American Citizen Services
The Consular Section at U.S. Embassy Ouagadougou is now offering regular passport renewal and Consular Report of Birth Abroad (CRBA) services. If you wish to apply for or renew a passport, or wish to apply for a CRBA for your child, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For information on passport applications, please visit: https://bf.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/passports/
For information on CRBA applications, please visit: https://bf.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/birth/
The staff at U.S. Embassy Ouagadougou continues to telework part time. The Embassy remains open and continues to operate in Burkina Faso. American citizens undergoing an emergency and in need of immediate assistance outside working hours can call our switchboard at (226) 25 49 53 00 and ask to speak with the duty officer.
The U.S. Embassy encourages U.S. Citizens to continue to follow the Center for Disease Control and Prevention’s guidelines for preventing the coronavirus disease (CDC).
Encourage your friends and family members to register at step.state.gov so they receive Embassy updates.
Routine consular services remain suspended. American citizens who have an urgent need for routine services, including emergency passports, please email email@example.com or visit our website for additional information.
Actions to Take:
- Call the Burkina Faso hotline at (226) 52-19-53-94 or (226) 70-95-93-27, or dial 35 35, if you feel ill and suspect you might have COVID-19.
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Burkina Faso.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- U.S. Embassy Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso
Secteur 15, Ouaga 2000
(226) 25 49 53 00
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444