An official website of the United States government

Immigrant Visas: Returning Resident Visa

A permanent resident (called lawful permanent resident or LPR) or conditional resident (CR) who has remained outside the United States for longer than one year, or beyond the validity period of a Re-entry Permit, will require a new immigrant visa to enter the United States and resume permanent residence.  You can learn more about Returning Resident Visas on usvisas.state.gov.

If you’re interested in applying for a Returning Resident Visa, please contact the Consular Section at ConsularOuaga@state.gov to determine if you qualify and to schedule an interview.