Location: Burkina Faso
Event: Data Collection on Persons Wishing to Return to the United States
At this time, the Ouagadougou remains closed to regular commercial flights, although there may be limited opportunities for ad hoc flights in the coming weeks offered by commercial airlines. The U.S. Embassy continues its efforts to aid those American citizens and Legal Permanent Residents (LPRs) wishing to return to the United States. To that end, the Embassy is updating its database on passengers wishing to return home. Any information received regarding potential or available commercial flights will be communicated to those who express interest.
If you are an American citizen or LPR and wish to return to the United States, please fill out this form.
The staff at U.S. Embassy Ouagadougou continues to telework full time. The Embassy remains open and continues to operate in Burkina Faso. American citizens undergoing an emergency and in need of immediate assistance outside working hours can call our switchboard at (226) 25 49 53 00 and ask to speak with the duty officer.
The U.S. Embassy encourages U.S. Citizens to continue to follow the Center for Disease Control and Prevention’s guidelines for preventing the coronavirus disease (CDC).
Encourage your friends and family members to register at step.state.gov so they receive Embassy updates.
Routine consular services remain suspended. American citizens who have an urgent need for routine services, including emergency passports, please email email@example.com or visit our website for additional information: https://bf.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/.
Actions to Take:
- Call the Burkina Faso hotline at (226) 52-19-53-94 or (226) 70-95-93-27, or dial 35 35, if you feel ill and suspect you might have COVID-19.
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 (https://bf.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/covid-19-information/)for information on conditions in Burkina Faso.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- U.S. Embassy Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso
Secteur 15, Ouaga 2000
(226) 25 49 53 00
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444