Location: Burkina Faso
Event: The Burkina Faso Ministry of Health confirmed 609 cases of COVID-19 and 39 related deaths in Burkina Faso.
The Government of Burkina Faso announced the re-opening of the markets in Ouagadougou and Bobo-Dioulasso.
The U.S. Embassy encourages American Citizens to continue social distancing as a key practice for COVID prevention. This will be difficult in some environments but is necessary to reduce the risk of infection. The CDC’s social distancing guidelines can be found on the CDC website.
In accordance with those guidelines and best practices in the United States to manage pandemics, the Embassy continues under a maximum telework policy. Embassy staff are practicing self isolation with extremely limited excursions into public areas and are limiting social contacts at home, including with household staff.
Actions to Take:
- Call the Burkina Faso hotline at (226) 52-19-53-94 or (226) 70-95-93-27, or dial 35 35, if you feel ill and suspect you might have COVID-19.
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Burkina Faso.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- U.S. Embassy Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso
(226) 25 49 53 00
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Burkina Faso Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter