Location: Burkina Faso
Event: The Burkina Faso Ministry of Health confirmed 546 cases of COVID-19 and 32 related deaths in Burkina Faso.
The United States Embassy strongly encourages American citizens in Burkina Faso to follow the CDC’s social distancing guidelines (https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/social-distancing.html).
In accordance with those guidelines and best practices in the United States to manage pandemics, the Embassy instituted a maximum telework policy. Embassy staff are practicing self isolation with extremely limited excursions into public areas and are limiting social contacts at home, including with household staff.
Actions to Take:
- Call the Burkina Faso hotline at (226) 52-19-53-94 or (226) 70-95-93-27, or dial 35 35, if you feel ill and suspect you might have COVID-19.
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information (https://www.cdc.gov/).
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations (https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/prevention.html).
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Burkina Faso.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- U.S. Embassy Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso
(226) 25 49 53 00
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Burkina Faso Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter