Location: Burkina Faso
Event: Possible Repatriation Option
For People Wishing to Depart Burkina Faso:
The U.S. Embassy is exploring the possibility of repatriating Americans on a flight organized by the Canadian Embassy departing on Friday, April 3rd. In order for us to secure passengers space on the onward flight to the United States, we need to hear from all interested persons immediately. IF YOU WISH TO DEPART ON THIS FLIGHT, PLEASE EMAIL CONSULAROUAGA@STATE.GOV IMMEDIATELY!!! Requests received after 11:30 am will not be considered.
The U.S. Embassy strongly urges any American citizen wishing to depart Burkina Faso to avail themselves of this flight. At this time, this is the only option available and there are no guarantees that further flights to the United States will be available.
It is important to note that these seats are offered at-charge on a first-come, first-served basis to U.S. citizens. Those private citizens seeking to depart are required to sign a promissory note and will be billed at a later date. The Embassy is awaiting details on the cost of the flight and are waiting for additional details concerning the logistics of a potential flight. Interested parties should verify their passports and other documentation is current and valid.
Effective March 16, 2020 U.S. Embassy Ouagadougou suspended routine consular services. For emergency American Citizens Services, including emergency passports, please visit our website: https://bf.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/. For after hours emergencies, please call (226) 25 49 53 00.
Actions to Take:
- Call the Burkina Faso hotline at (226) 52-19-53-94 or (226) 70-95-93-27, or dial 35 35, if you feel ill and suspect you might have COVID-19.
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 (https://bf.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/covid-19-information/)for information on conditions in Burkina Faso.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- U.S. Embassy Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso
(226) 25 49 53 00
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444