Location: Burkina Faso
Event: Possible Repatriation Option
Effective March 16, 2020, U.S. Embassy Ouagadougou suspended routine consular services. For emergency American Citizens Services, including emergency passports, please visit our website: https://bf.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/. For after hours emergencies, please call (226) 25 49 53 00.
For People Wishing to Depart Burkina Faso:
The U.S. Embassy is exploring the possibility of repatriating Americans on a flight organized by the Canadian Embassy departing on Friday, April 3, 2020. People wishing to return to the United States should contact us immediately at Consularouaga@state.gov. Please include the number of potential passengers, dates of birth and passport numbers.
It is important to note that these seats are offered at-charge on a first-come, first-served basis to U.S. citizens. Those private citizens seeking to depart are required to sign a promissory note and will be billed at a later date. The Embassy is awaiting details on the cost of the flight and are waiting for additional details concerning the logistics of a potential flight. Interested parties should verify their passports and other documentation is current and valid.
Actions to Take:
- Call the Burkina Faso hotline at (226) 52-19-53-94 or (226) 70-95-93-27, or dial 35 35, if you feel ill and suspect you might have COVID-19.
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 (https://bf.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/covid-19-information/)for information on conditions in Burkina Faso.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- U.S. Embassy Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso
(226) 25 49 53 00
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444