Location: Burkina Faso
Event: Assessing Repatriation Options
The U.S. Embassy in Ouagadougou is aware of the hardship current travel restrictions have created for U.S. citizens who need to return to the United States. The U.S. Embassy is exploring all options to address the current travel disruptions and remains in close contact with the airlines regarding commercial flight options. At this time, there are no flights scheduled, and the U.S. Embassy is not currently organizing any repatriation flights. All information about future flights to the United States will be announced through the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP). If you are not enrolled in STEP, please register at step.state.gov.
The Embassy is compiling a list of U.S. citizens and Lawful Permanent Residents (LPR) interested in returning to the United States, if a flight were to become available in May. If you wish to travel to the United States, please complete this form and submit the information in this form to indicate your interest. Please make sure you provide a correct email address that you can access regularly. This form is authorized by the U.S. Department of State for collection of personally identifiable information. Your information will be used for internal purposes only and will not be shared. Please note that one form must be submitted for each interested traveler (including children and non-U.S. citizen accompanying family members). If after completing the form you wish to provide additional information to the Consular Section, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Actions to Take:
- Call the Burkina Faso hotline at (226) 52-19-53-94 or (226) 70-95-93-27, or dial 35 35, if you feel ill and suspect you might have COVID-19.
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 (https://bf.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/covid-19-information/)for information on conditions in Burkina Faso.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- U.S. Embassy Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso
(226) 25 49 53 00
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444