Event: On March 20, 2020, the Burkina Faso Ministry of Health confirmed 64 cases of COVID-19 in Burkina Faso.
The government of Burkina Faso has implemented measures to limit the spread of COVID-19. Effective today, March 21, gatherings larger than 50 people have been banned. A curfew is in place between 7:00 pm and 5:00 am. Call the Burkina Faso hotline at (226) 52-19-53-94 or (226) 70-95-93-27, or dial 35 35, for further information.
State local government actions:
The Ouagadougou and Bobo-Dioulasso airports are closed to commerical aviation, and all land borders are closed, except for freight traffic, for a period of two weeks, beginning today, March 21, 2020.
Actions to Take:
- Call the Burkina Faso hotline at (226) 52-19-53-94 or (226) 70-95-93-27, or dial 35 35, if you feel ill and suspect you might have COVID-19.
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 herefor information on conditions in Burkina Faso.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- U.S. Embassy Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso
Secteur 15, Ouaga 2000
(226) 25 49 53 00
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444