Location: Burkina Faso
Event: Update on Burkina Faso’s Policies to Fight COVID-19
Effective Monday, 20 April 2020, the Government of Burkina Faso modified the curfew restrictions. As of today, a curfew is in effect between the hours of 9:00 pm and 4:00 am.
Additionally, effective next Monday, 27 April 2020, the wearing of face masks will be obligatory throughout the country.
The U.S. Embassy encourages all American citizens to respect the government’s decrees.
Actions to Take:
- Call the Burkina Faso hotline at (226) 52-19-53-94 or (226) 70-95-93-27, or dial 35 35, if you feel ill and suspect you might have COVID-19.
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 (https://bf.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/covid-19-information/)for information on conditions in Burkina Faso.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- U.S. Embassy Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso
(226) 25 49 53 00
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444