Location: Burkina Faso
Event: Announcement of Return to Normal Airport Operations
The Government of Burkina Faso announced the Ouagadougou airport will return to normal operations on 1st August 2020. All land borders remain closed. For details on possible pre-departure requirements related to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, including possible testing requirements, please contact your airline.
The staff at U.S. Embassy Ouagadougou continues to telework full time. The Embassy remains open and continues to operate in Burkina Faso. American citizens undergoing an emergency and in need of immediate assistance outside working hours can call our switchboard at (226) 25 49 53 00 and ask to speak with the duty officer.
The U.S. Embassy encourages U.S. Citizens to continue to follow the Center for Disease Control and Prevention’s guidelines for preventing the coronavirus disease (CDC).
Encourage your friends and family members to register at step.state.gov so they receive Embassy updates.
Routine consular services remain suspended. American citizens who have an urgent need for routine services, including emergency passports, please email email@example.com or visit our website for additional information: https://bf.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/.
Actions to Take:
- Call the Burkina Faso hotline at (226) 52-19-53-94 or (226) 70-95-93-27, or dial 35 35, if you feel ill and suspect you might have COVID-19.
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 (https://bf.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/covid-19-information/)for information on conditions in Burkina Faso.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- U.S. Embassy Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso
Secteur 15, Ouaga 2000
(226) 25 49 53 00
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444