Health Alert: TIME SENSITIVE NEW DEPARTURE TIME FOR MAY 21 FLIGHT – U.S. Embassy Ouagadougou (20 May 2020)
Location: Burkina Faso
Event: NEW DEPARTURE TIME FOR MAY 21 FLIGHT: 12:20 PM.
Ethiopian Airlines just informed the Embassy that the flight scheduled for tomorrow, May 21 will BE DEPARTING AT 12:20 pm from Ouagadougou; please be at the airport by 9:20 am. The Embassy regrets any inconvenience this might cause.
Encourage your friends and family members to register at step.state.gov so they receive Embassy updates.
Effective April 3, 2020 The staff at U.S. Embassy Ouagadougou will be teleworking full time. The Embassy remains open and continues to operate in Burkina Faso.
Routine consular services remain suspended. For emergency American Citizens Services, including emergency passports, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our website for additional information: https://bf.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/.
Actions to Take:
- Call the Burkina Faso hotline at (226) 52-19-53-94 or (226) 70-95-93-27, or dial 35 35, if you feel ill and suspect you might have COVID-19.
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 (https://bf.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/covid-19-information/)for information on conditions in Burkina Faso.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.