Location: Burkina Faso
Event: PAYMENT DEADLINE TODAY for MAY 20 FLIGHT
PASSENGERS WHO HAVE RECEIVED A NOTICE OF RESERVED SEATS SHOULD PAY THE TRAVEL AGENCY IMMEDIATELY. Very few passengers have paid at this point. If not enough travelers make timely payments for their seats, the flight could be cancelled.
THE TRAVEL AGENCY HAS NOTIFIED US THEY ARE HAVING ISSUES WITH THE CREDIT CARD MACHINE. THE EMBASSY URGES ALL PASSENGERS TO PROCEED TO THE TRAVEL AGENCY TO PAY IN CASH.
PAYMENT FOR TICKETS ON THE FLIGHT TENTATIVELY SCHEDULED FOR MAY 20, 2020 ARE DUE TODAY, THURSDAY MAY 14 BY 5:00 PM. If you received an email from the Embassy saying a seat has been identified for you, PLEASE FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS AND MAKE PAYMENT IMMEDIATELY.
This flight is contingent on enough seats getting filled, failure to make a timely reservation and payment could result in the flight being cancelled. Failure to make a timely payment could result in your seat being assigned to someone else. The U.S. Embassy understands the tickets are not reimbursable, all questions regarding payment and terms and conditions should be addressed to Miles Travel Agency. The U.S. Embassy is not responsible for billing or ticketing regarding this flight.
The U.S. Embassy reached out to every person who expressed interest in travelling to the United States on the flight tentatively scheduled for May 20. If you registered your interest, by this time you should have received either payment instructions or a request for information. If you believe you registered for the flight and have not heard from us, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org immediately.
Encourage your friends and family members to register at step.state.gov so they receive Embassy updates.
Effective April 3, 2020 The staff at U.S. Embassy Ouagadougou will be teleworking full time. The Embassy remains open and continues to operate in Burkina Faso.
Routine consular services remain suspended. For emergency American Citizens Services, including emergency passports, please email email@example.com or visit our website for additional information: https://bf.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/.
Actions to Take:
- Call the Burkina Faso hotline at (226) 52-19-53-94 or (226) 70-95-93-27, or dial 35 35, if you feel ill and suspect you might have COVID-19.
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 (https://bf.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/covid-19-information/)for information on conditions in Burkina Faso.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- U.S. Embassy Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso
(226) 25 49 53 00
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444