Location: Burkina Faso
Event: May 20 Flight Passenger Information
The U.S. Embassy reached out to every person who expressed interest in travelling to the United States on the flight tentatively scheduled for May 20.
If you are an American Citizen and registered your interest, you should have received a confirmation to purchase your ticket by now. If you wish to travel on this flight and have not received instructions for payment, please email firstname.lastname@example.org IMMEDIATELY.
If you are not an American citizen and registered your interest in this flight, you should have received a further request for information. PLEASE SUBMIT THE REQUESTED INFORMATION BY 5:00 PM TODAY. The Embassy will email you with payment information if and once a seat is identified for you.
Only people pre-registered via the Embassy and have received instructions to contact the travel agency will be allowed to purchase tickets for this flight.
Encourage your friends and family members to register at step.state.gov so they receive Embassy updates.
Effective April 3, 2020 The staff at U.S. Embassy Ouagadougou will be teleworking full time. The Embassy remains open and continues to operate in Burkina Faso.
Routine consular services remain suspended. For emergency American Citizens Services, including emergency passports, please email email@example.com or visit our website for additional information: https://bf.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/.
Actions to Take:
- Call the Burkina Faso hotline at (226) 52-19-53-94 or (226) 70-95-93-27, or dial 35 35, if you feel ill and suspect you might have COVID-19.
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 (https://bf.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/covid-19-information/)for information on conditions in Burkina Faso.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- U.S. Embassy Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso
(226) 25 49 53 00
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444