Location: Burkina Faso
Event: May 20 Flight Update
Registration for the flight tentatively scheduled for May 20 is now closed. If you pre-registered for the flight, you will receive an email from the Embassy today. Please continue to monitor your email and phone number.
Encourage your friends and family members to register at step.state.gov so they receive Embassy updates.
Effective April 3, 2020 The staff at U.S. Embassy Ouagadougou will be teleworking full time. The Embassy remains open and continues to operate in Burkina Faso.
Routine consular services remain suspended. For emergency American Citizens Services, including emergency passports, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our website for additional information: https://bf.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/.
Actions to Take:
- Call the Burkina Faso hotline at (226) 52-19-53-94 or (226) 70-95-93-27, or dial 35 35, if you feel ill and suspect you might have COVID-19.
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 (https://bf.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/covid-19-information/)for information on conditions in Burkina Faso.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- U.S. Embassy Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso
(226) 25 49 53 00
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444