Location: Burkina Faso
Event: Ongoing COVID-19 Response – Flight Tentatively Scheduled for May 20
For People Wishing to Depart Burkina Faso:
The Embassy of the United States in Ouagadougou has tentatively scheduled a special commercial flight from Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso to Washington Dulles International Airport on Wednesday, May 20. Seats will cost $2100 in economy and $2900 in business class. This flight will serve American citizens, LPRs, and those third country nationals eligible to travel to or transfer through the United States (only third country nationals accompanying American minors or who are immediate relatives of travelling Americans are eligible). Priority will be given to American citizens.
The U.S. Embassy strongly urges any American citizen wishing to depart Burkina Faso to avail themselves of this flight. At this time, this is the only option available and there are no guarantees that further flights to the United States will be available.
If you wish to travel to the United States on this flight, please complete this form to indicate your interest. If you have already filled out this form, you do not need to do so again.
Please make sure you provide a correct email address and phone number that you can access regularly. This form is authorized by the U.S. Department of State for collection of personally identifiable information. Your information will be used for internal purposes only and will not be shared. Please note that one form must be submitted for each interested traveler (including children and non-U.S. citizen accompanying family members). If after completing the form you wish to provide additional information to the Consular Section, please contact us by email at email@example.com.
If you are an American Citizen wishing to travel on this flight and do not possess a valid travel document to the U.S., please email us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org to request a special appointment.
Additional information about this flight, including how to purchase tickets, will be emailed to those who express interest in the flight. If you are interested in traveling on this flight, please make sure to register with STEP, submit any requested information and monitor your email for further information.
Actions to Take:
- Call the Burkina Faso hotline at (226) 52-19-53-94 or (226) 70-95-93-27, or dial 35 35, if you feel ill and suspect you might have COVID-19.
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Burkina Faso.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- U.S. Embassy Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso
(226) 25 49 53 00
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444