Location: Burkina Faso
Event: DEADLINE for Flight Tentatively Scheduled for May 20
Requests for seats on the flight tentatively scheduled for May 20 exceed availability. The Embassy will continue to register interest in the flight until 3:00 pm today. If you are an American citizen and wish to travel to the United States on this flight, please register immediately.
The Embassy of the United States in Ouagadougou has tentatively scheduled a special commercial flight from Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso to Washington Dulles International Airport on Wednesday, May 20. Priority will be given to American citizens on a first come, first served basis.
If you wish to travel to the United States on this flight, please complete this form to indicate your interest. If you have already filled out this form, you do not need to do so again. Please make sure you provide a correct email address and phone number that you can access regularly. Once you have pre-registered, you will be notified via email of the flight details, including whether you have a seat reserved and and how to pay for the flight (cost is $2,200 in economy, $3,000 first class).
This form is authorized by the U.S. Department of State for collection of personally identifiable information. Your information will be used for internal purposes only and will not be shared. Please note that one form must be submitted for each interested traveler (including children and non-U.S. citizen accompanying family members). If after completing the form you wish to provide additional information to the Consular Section, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are an American Citizen wishing to travel on this flight and do not possess a valid travel document to the U.S., please email us immediately at email@example.com to request a special appointment.
Actions to Take:
- Call the Burkina Faso hotline at (226) 52-19-53-94 or (226) 70-95-93-27, or dial 35 35, if you feel ill and suspect you might have COVID-19.
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy web page on COVID-19 (https://bf.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/covid-19-information/)for information on conditions in Burkina Faso.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- U.S. Embassy Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso
(226) 25 49 53 00
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444