Location: Burkina Faso
Event: Available Seats on the Flight Tentatively Scheduled for May 20, 2020
As of this time, the U.S. Embassy has several seats available on a flight tentatively scheduled from Ouagadougou to Dulles, VA on May 20, 2020. Economy seats are $2,200, first class $3,000. If you are an American citizen, a Legal Permanent Resident or an eligible third country national, please fill out this form .
The U.S. Embassy strongly encourages any American citizen wishing to return to the United States to avail themselves of this flight. At this time, he Embassy is not planning on organizing further repatriation flights and there is no guarantee the Ouagadougou International Airport will return to normal operations in the near future.
Persons who have pre-registered for this flight should have already received multiple email communications form the Embassy. If you have not received any and understand you should be pre-registered for the flight, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Encourage your friends and family members to register at step.state.gov so they receive Embassy updates.
Effective April 3, 2020 The staff at U.S. Embassy Ouagadougou will be teleworking full time. The Embassy remains open and continues to operate in Burkina Faso.
Routine consular services remain suspended. For emergency American Citizens Services, including emergency passports, please email email@example.com or visit our website for additional information.
Actions to Take:
- Call the Burkina Faso hotline at (226) 52-19-53-94 or (226) 70-95-93-27, or dial 35 35, if you feel ill and suspect you might have COVID-19.
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Burkina Faso.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- U.S. Embassy Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso
(226) 25 49 53 00
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Burkina Faso Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter