Through its Public Diplomacy Small Grants Program, U.S. Embassy Burkina Faso accepts unsolicited small grant proposals to support projects by local NGOs and educational institutions.
If you have a proposal for a program that begins after January 1, 2018 and you meet the following criteria, please complete and submit the application called “unsolicited grant application 2018” and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Grant proposals will be reviewed on a quarterly basis and must be written in English.
The maximum grant is $10,000.00 (or about 5 million CFA francs). Preference will be given to projects that:
- Strengthen ties between the United States and Burkina Faso.
- Advance peace, security, and opportunity in Burkina Faso through the promotion of good governance, rule of law, enhanced and educated civic participation, and increased democracy.
- Promote empowerment and advancement of youth, women, and/or religious and ethnic minorities.
- Increase public support for U.S.-Burkinabe cooperation in business, entrepreneurship, science and technology and support sustainable economic growth and poverty reduction.
- Promote public support and respect for American values, in particular broader understanding and protection of human rights.
- Promote awareness of and appreciation for American art and culture.
In deciding which projects to support, the Embassy will give preference to organizations with a proven record of accomplishment of executing superior events and programs, and those with a cost share component.
Please also note that grants cannot be used to fund religious organizations or partisan political activity, trade activities, fundraising campaigns, building construction, commercial projects, or representational expenses.
Proposals can be submitted at any time and will be reviewed on a quarterly basis.
To apply, please complete a project narrative and budget as outlined in the form found here. Send the completed form to email@example.com, with “UNSOLICITED GRANT APPLICATION 2018” in the subject line. We will notify you upon receipt of your application.