Location: Bourse de Travail and Place de la Nation
Event: Labor unions and civil society organizations are planning a demonstration in downtown Ouagadougou on Monday, September 16. The demonstrators will meet at Bourse de Travail at 0730 and move to the Place de la Nation. The demonstration is expected to conclude by 1200.
Avoid the area during these times.
Exercise caution if in the vicinity of any large gatherings or protests. Even demonstrations intended to be peaceful can turn confrontational and escalate into violence. Be alert, remain aware of your surroundings, and stay informed of local media reports.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid areas surrounding Bourse de Travail and Place de la Nation.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Stay alert in locations frequented by tourists/Westerners.
- Review your personal security plans.
- U.S. Embassy Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso
- (226) 25 49 53 00
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Burkina Faso Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program(STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter