Event: Demonstrations Planned in Ouagadougou December 9 and 10, 2022.
Demonstrations are planned in Ouagadougou on Friday, December 9 and Saturday, December 10, 2022 from Place de la Nation to downtown Ouagadougou, starting each day at 8:00 AM with no end time announced.
Expect roadblocks or large groups of demonstrators in downtown Ouagadougou and surrounding areas. Demonstrations intended to be peaceful can quickly turn confrontational and escalate into violence. Avoid taking photographs or videos of demonstrations as this may attract attention and antagonize the crowd.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid the demonstration area.
- Avoid all crowds and gatherings.
- Exercise caution if unexpectedly in the vicinity of large gatherings or protests.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Keep a low profile.
- Travel in groups if possible.
- U.S. Embassy Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso
(226) 25 49 53 00
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Burkina Faso Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter