Event: Demonstrations expected in Ouagadougou October 21, 2022.
Demonstrations are expected in Ouagadougou at Place de la Nation and the Constitutional Council on Friday, October 21, from 07:30 to 12:00 during the inauguration of Ibrahim Traore as Transition President.
Expect roadblocks or large groups of demonstrators in downtown Ouagadougou and surrounding areas. Demonstrations intended to be peaceful can quickly turn confrontational and escalate into violence. Avoid taking photographs or videos of demonstrations as this may attract attention and antagonize the crowd.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid the demonstration area.
- Avoid all crowds and gatherings.
- Exercise caution if unexpectedly in the vicinity of large gatherings orprotests.
- Do not take photos or video of military vehicles, checkpoints, government facilities, or large crowds.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Keep a low profile.
- Travel in groups if possible.