Event: Demonstrations Planned in Ouagadougou November 18, 2022.
Demonstrations are planned in Ouagadougou on Friday, November 18, 2022, at 8:00 AM with no end time announced. The demonstrations are expected at the following locations:
- Place de la Revolution
- The French Embassy
- The “Grand Marche” Market
- Camp Bangre
Expect roadblocks or large groups of demonstrators in downtown Ouagadougou and surrounding areas. Demonstrations intended to be peaceful can quickly turn confrontational and escalate into violence. Avoid taking photographs or videos of demonstrations as this may attract attention and antagonize the crowd.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid the demonstration area.
- Avoid all crowds and gatherings.
- Exercise caution if unexpectedly in the vicinity of large gatherings or protests.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Keep a low profile.
- Travel in groups if possible.
- Assistance:U.S. Embassy Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso
(226) 25 49 53 00 OuagaACS@state.gov
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444