Location: Burkina Faso
Event: Demonstrations are expected to take place on July 3 and 4, 2021, starting at Place de la Revolution at approximately 8:00 am on both Saturday and Sunday. No end time has been set for the demonstrations, which may expand into other areas of the city. Counter-protests may also spontaneously develop at other locations in Ouagadougou.
Exercise caution if in the vicinity of any large gatherings. Even large gatherings intended to be peaceful can turn confrontational and escalate into violence. Be alert, remain aware of your surroundings, and stay informed of local media reports.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid areas near Place de la Revolution.
- Minimize your movements on July 3 and 4.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Ensure you have a supply of food, water and first aid items at your home to last three days in case the situation requires you to shelter-in-place. If you have a vehicle, ensure you have at least half a tank of fuel.
- U.S. Embassy Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso
(226) 25 49 53 00
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444