Event: The U.S. Embassy received reports of an ongoing demonstration currently taking place in Bobo-Dioulasso. According to reports, the Police used tear gas to disperse a crowd at the Tiero-Amaro Palace and protesters continue to demonstrate througout the city.
Exercise caution if in the vicinity of any large gatherings or protests. Even demonstrations intended to be peaceful can turn confrontational and escalate into violence. Be alert, remain aware of your surroundings, and stay informed of local media reports.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid the area near Tiero-Amaro Palace.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- U.S. Embassy Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso
(226) 25 49 53 00
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444