Location: La Bourse du Travail and Conseil Burkinabé des Chargeurs, Ouagadougou
Event: Demonstrations are expected to take place on on Saturday August 31st, beginning at 8:00 AM. Labor unions and civil society organizations have invited the public to participate in a demonstration at Bourse du Travail, followed by a meeting at Conseil Burkinabé des Chargeurs (CBC) at 3:00 pm.
Avoid the area during these times.
Exercise caution if in the vicinity of any large gatherings or protests. Even demonstrations intended to be peaceful can turn confrontational and escalate into violence. Be alert, remain aware of your surroundings, and stay informed of local media reports.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid the area near La Bourse du Travail and Conseil Burkinabé des Chargeurs.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- U.S. Embassy Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso
- (226) 25 49 53 00
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Burkina Faso Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program(STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter