The Embassy of the United States of America, located in Ouaga 2000 Avenue Sembene Ousmane, near the Ministry of Agriculture is organizing a public auction of furniture, appliances, office hardware and equipment, vehicles, and other used items on the following date:
Saturday, Dec 3, 2016 from 8:00 to 5:00 p.m. at the US Embassy Premises in Ouaga 2000
To participate, all bidders must register with a deposit of 10.000F for a numbered-card.
(NB: the 10.000F is refundable upon return of the card and receipt).
Registration and pre-sale viewing will take place, respectively, on:
– Wednesday, Nov 30 – from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 pm.
– Thursday, Dec 01 – from 8:00 am. to 4:00 pm.
– Friday, Dec 02 – from 8:00 am. to 4:00 pm.
Articles and vehicles on sale are constituted in lots, and will be sold on an “as-is” basis. Only payments in cash or certified bank checks (for vehicles only) will be accepted. The amounts paid are non-refundable. Payments will be made to the Embassy Cashier on the spot.
- For Household items – such as furniture, appliances, office hardware and equipment – the successful bidder must pay 7% tax in addition to the amount awarded prior to removal of the lot. Sale method is by loud voice.
- For vehicles – Method of participation is by: Sealed bidding. Deadlines for submissions:
- Wednesday, Nov 30 thru Saturday, Dec 3 – from 8:00am to 16:00pm.
- Announcement of results to Winning Bidders: Saturday, Dec 3, 16:30pm.
- Payments to Cashier: 17:00pm. Winning bidders shall make a mandatory deposit of one million (1,000,000) F CFA, and will have 72 hours – beginning Monday, Dec 5, from 8:30 am to 4:00pm. until Wednesday, Dec 7 to settle the balance. After the payments, winning bidders will receive relevant paperwork to complete customs formalities. The removal of vehicles will be allowed only upon presentation of receipts and customs documents confirming the actual payment of customs duties and taxes. The Embassy reserves the right to verify the authenticity of the said documents. For further information, please call 49 – 69.53/69.51/54.07/54.18