Event: Labor unions and civil society organizations are planning a gathering in Ouagadougou on Saturday, March 7, 2020. The details of the gathering are not yet finalized, but it is anticipated to begin at Bourse du Travail at 0730.
Exercise caution if in the vicinity of any large gatherings. Even large gatherings intended to be peaceful can turn confrontational and escalate into violence. Be alert, remain aware of your surroundings, and stay informed of local media reports.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid areas near La Bourse du Travail.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- U.S. Embassy Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso
(226) 25 49 53 00
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444