Date: January 24, 2022
Event: On Tuesday, January 25, 2022, the U.S. Embassy in Ouagadougou will not be open to the public except for emergency American Citizen Services due to the ongoing security situation throughout Ouagadougou.
As of January 24, 2022, there is a mandatory curfew from 9:00 pm to 5:00 am. The Embassy has not received any indication that the curfew has been lifted.
Land and air border travel will be closed starting at 11:59 pm on January 24. American citizens who are scheduled to depart Ouagadougou via commercial flights are encouraged to contact their airlines and arrive at the airport before the curfew.
U.S. citizens in Burkina Faso are advised to follow the curfew and monitor all methods of communication, including media reporting/sources. Contact the Embassy at (226) 25 49 53 00 if you need immediate assistance.
Actions to Take:· Take shelter and avoid large crowds.
· Limit movement to emergencies.
· Directly contact your commercial airline if you are scheduled to depart Ouagadougou.
· Monitor local media for updates.
Assistance:· U.S. Embassy Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso
(226) 25 49 53 00
· State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
· Burkina Faso Country Information
· Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program(STEP) to receive security updates